Contributor: @Cyb3rWard0g 🧑🏽🍳🍻
- 4 people
- 5-10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 lb filet mignon or mignon tips (cut into 2-inch long and 1/4-inch wide)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 lb mushrooms, domestic or wild, caps only thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and freshly grounded black pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked
- Heat large non-stick skillet over high heat and sear meat on all sides, for about a minute. Work in small batches so meat does not give off liquid. Remove to a plate.
- In a clean wide skillet, heat butter. Sweat onions and add mushrooms and saute over until deep golden, about 20 minutes.
- While this is cooking, blend broth, mustard, heavy cream and sour cream together. Lower heat, add flour and cook stirring for a minute.
- Whisk in liquids, and any meat juices and simmer, without boiling until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Return meat to sauce and heat, without boiling until meat is warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in dill and parsley and spoon over noodles.
More delicious recipes
This is one of the many fantastic recipes available on this blog